January 3, 2012

I Remember...

... when it rained for three days straight, and the Guest House yard was flooded. My memory says that it was like, knee deep, so that probably means it came up past my ankles... hehe. We ran around and got soaking wet and had marvelous fun... *grins*

... sitting in the jambolan tree with my sisters and the housegirls, hearing a loud noise (like thunder in a cloudless sky), and then realizing - in slow motion - that the tree was falling over. I remember thinking that my legs were hanging below the branch, and if I left them there, they might get crushed and then they'd have to be amputated, and I really didn't want that, so I'd better move them out of the way. :P Amazing how much can run through one's mind in such a short time span? 'Cause I'm pretty sure that tree didn't really fall in slow motion! We climbed down and ran inside to tell my parents what had happened (I think it was Friday movie night?), and got quite a reaction... hehe. The jambolan was just coming into season, so we got my dad to leave it fallen over like that until the fruit had finished ripening, and it was great fun reaching up into the way top branches that we usually could never reach, and getting all the best fruit. :)

... cleaning and preparing the guest rooms for when one of the missionary family's was coming out to town. Sometimes I'd help the housegirls, but if they were back in the village for some reason, I'd do it myself. Sweeping the ceilings, dusting, scrubbing the bathroom, filling the mandi bak (or large trash can used in place of), sweeping and mopping, putting the sheets on the bed, laying out the rugs and towels, making it smell nice, and usually putting in a bouquet of flowers... :) It was fun...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! :) So please leave as many as you want...