November 2, 2011

Grass Baskets

See my latest acquisition?  *grins*  I think they're just so neat! (Which possibly would seem odd to an Indonesian? :P )



This morning, instead of doing bookwork for Indonesian, Ibu Femmi and I took an outing down to the pasar (market) to get some baskets for my room (and food for my sister's rabbit).  It was quite fun...  I much prefer shopping in the market to shopping in the mall, but I don't like going alone, and the more people with white skin, the more attention you attract.  :P  But with Ibu Femmi, I only heard a few comments, and none of them obnoxious like the usual shouted: " 'ello meesterrr, I luf you!"

We walked around a few blocks, bought from, mm, three different shops.  If we'd found the last one first though, we'd only have bought from one.  *chuckles*  Anyways, it was nice going out (if a bit hot temperature-wise), and I'm going to enjoy rearranging my odds-n-ends from cardboard boxes, ice cream containers, and plastic drawers, into these.  :)

1 comment:

Eunika said...

Love the baskets! :)

Post a Comment

I love comments! :) So please leave as many as you want...