September 26, 2011

Dingy White, Begone!

I hadn't been planning to do anything to my room when we got back to Indonesia - despite listening to my sisters plan in detail their painting and decoration schemes.  But someplace between leaving Singapore and moving into my room again, Esther managed to convince me to not only make new curtains, but to also paint the room itself.  I'd been planning to buy a couple sarongs, and make basic curtains out of them, but I couldn't find any that I liked (i.e. weren't the typical brown/tan/red/orange colors).  Then we went into a fabric shop, and I found some gorgeous blue and cream patterned material...  Er, uh, anyways, this isn't about the fabric but rather about the room painting, hehe.

I found a blue/gray paint (I think it's fairly close to a 'wedgwood blue') and a nice tan/taupe paint.  My room is kinda rectangular, with a door on one 'end', and a window on the wall to the left if you're standing in the doorway facing into the room.  The window and door walls are blue, and the other two walls are taupe.  And it actually looks quite nice...  :)

Many thanks to Esther for convincing me to do it in the first place, poking and prodding and reminding me until we got started, and for helping a lot !!  :)  (Oh, and she's also the one who suggested the airplane, hehe.  I hadn't been able to think of what I wanted to put up...)


I very much like my room... now I just need to make those curtains! hehe...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! :) So please leave as many as you want...